Freckles

I told her to be ready for a spur of the moment visit and there I was at her doorstep as soon as we had some snow (a good reflector for some soft natural portrait light). My friend here is a beauty and I desperately needed her freckles for my midterm assignment. I spot metered off of her face and the snow appeared white as it should instead of grey, which can happen in matrix meter mode if you do not overexpose to compensate.




Which one of the three tells the best story? And is the story the youthful freckles alone or is it the content and concerned mom looking over her children falling in the first snow of the year while finally getting to drink her coffee hours after it was poured? See, there, now I left nothing for your imagination!

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States