
This family of three makes me feel better inside than warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk.
We had scheduled this session for today, mid October, with snow in mind at Chena River Park in the Chena Lake Recreation Area. We did not have snow and we did not have sun and we (I mostly) almost postponed because of it. I am glad we did not because THEY made these memories as sunny or as snowy as it gets with their energy, personality, and love.
This set, I cannot wait to edit. I shot in RAW format and good thing because I realized early on that Auto white balance was going to be too cool (or blue) and Cloudy and Shady settings were going to be too warm (or orange). For the first time, I used Auto White balance as the default and decided to fine-tune them to the Kelvin scale later in Adobe Camera Raw. They are going to be even more vibrant than they are here unedited ... something maybe one could not ever notice until it's printed. This is my third family session (see here and here) and this time I did not forget, not even once, to check my light meter. I also adjusted the aperture and shutter speed often. I prefer the most shallow depth of field possible for any given situation in portrait photography. This is a milestone for me ... especially since I am by nature a poor multi-tasker and might have also been playing soccer, running, or telling a joke in the mix). Today was a really good experience for me. Thanks for the opportunity.
