Early Ties





This set of photos is all about the intimate connection between a mother and a child. A baby who is learning to eat food with a spoon. A boy who today took his first steps on his knees. The sun came out for a brief moment today on this chilly fall day to remind us that these important stages in life are much too short and best not forgotten.



Above are 6 of 25 that I chose to retain for my friend. This time around, I bracketed 0.7EV (underexposed) from what the meter suggested and I ended up using a couple of the bracketed shots. These were taken on a short public trail in our town. Since we were going to catch light in a mostly shaded area, we met mid-day. I was a bit concerned that the light would not be wonderful because we did not meet at the beginning or the end of the day, but I think the colors turned out great, even unedited. Sometimes experiments turn out better than expected.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States