Heat Wave

Yesterday, it was just warm enough (+17) and I had enough energy that I had a craving to take out my skis. My cutoff for outdoor activity is around +10, so there aren't many days during a period of 5 months that I am willing to go out and play. My husband strapped on some snowshoes and packed me a trail down to the river, which is already hard-packed from snow-machine, skijor, and dog-sled activity. He also did a little skate skiing. Then, we took the dog and our older son out to play. We stayed out for quite a while, until our hands (and paws) got cold and we were exhausted from all of the fresh air.
Making trail through the front yard toward the river (as seen from master bedroom)
A pug enjoying the winter highway on the Chena River
Kid's still smiling after he had a double roll-over on the sled
Can't wait to try out the new swing set this spring!

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States