Back on Track

Just to prove to you that life is not all fun and games for us up in Fairbanks, I'm here to tell you that we were a little out of sync a couple of days ago. From time to time, it happens. With our first son's birth, it happened during week 2. This birth, it happened during week 3. It happens when my husband and I will both feel extremely tired on the exact same day. This results in my husband incorporating cuss words into his vocabulary, both of us hurting each others' feelings throughout the day, and me bursting into tears at some point for no good reason. It's rare, but it happens. Our older son caught on too and decided to catch his first stomach bug later that day. Cleaning up after him at the same time we were giving our younger son butt-baths every 1-2 hours really pulled us back together, and after about 24 hours things were back to normal.

In fact, the next day ended quite well. Grandma Gigi gave our older son a bath and put him to bed. Meanwhile, we cleaned the house and put away laundry. My husband grocery shopped, and I plucked my eyebrows and revived my retainer, which I'm happy to report still fits after neglecting it for the 6 months I was pregnant and feeling sick. And I was in my bed by 9:30. It was a great Friday night! You know you're getting old when a babysitter, a stocked fridge, clean house, and early bedtime make for a good Friday night.

Unfortunately, Grandma Gigi is going to Anchorage a week early for a job interview. However, we've appreciated the moments she's helped around the house and she's taken our son out to play. And I still have my husband, my best helper, for one more week! And in 2 weeks, Grandma Linda comes to help and play! Life is good.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States