Superdad

Did I ever mention how much I love, cherish, and am thankful for meeting and marrying my husband? He is smart, sexy, and most importantly a good guy who is loving and protective of his family. And these past couple of weeks have really brought these qualities to light.

After I returned from the doctor almost 2 weeks ago and brought news that I am supposed to lie down when I can, drink a lot of water, empty my bladder often, and not do anything to induce contractions if you know what I mean, my husband really took the news seriously. He has been taking care of all of the chores, taking care of my son, and taking care of me. This is no easy feat for a man with a full-time job, an almost 2 year old, a huge house, and now a babysitter who has gone on vacation.

It has gone well. I'd say there was maybe one day the kitchen got out of control, another day we didn't have a fire in the wood stove, and one day my son wore pants that were too short. Not bad, right! There was one day I got into trouble because I had posted christmas card photos on our refrigerator and another day I was accused of going to Taco King, which wouldn't have been surprising knowing my love for the food. However, I've been a pretty good girl. I've watched television. I've napped. I've done crafts (lying down). It's been boring, but I am trying to enjoy it. Soon, peace and quiet will be a thing of the past. And my wonderful husband keeps me in check and tells me to go lie down when I start to go crazy picking up toys or futzing around in the kitchen or if I even think of lifting up my 30lb son.

I think we have him to thank that this baby is still inside me at almost 34 weeks.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States