The big news is: I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant with baby "z" as my mother-in-law calls him. Yes, we've picked a first name and a middle name, but just like with the birth of our first son we're not really telling anyone just yet. I'll just say, I've never heard of anyone with the name, but a distant friend in Norway tells me it's quite a popular name in Europe . . . kind of like our first son's name: Aleksander. The middle name is another family name like Michael. Somehow, we picked both the first and middle names mutually. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and I think my husband is too.

I was finally able to see my doctor Hess, the brilliant man who's delivered only God knows how many babies in the last 40+ years. He disagreed with the young midwife who saw me 3 weeks prior and said he didn't think I needed to be on any type of restrictions. The baby is a perfect 5-5.5lbs and will be born any time it likes. This man loves me, because I am not 300lbs, like he claims all his other mothers are. Anyway, he expects I'll have another 6lb something oz baby as he's a firm believer the babies are usually proportional to the size of the mom.
Still, my husband has been doing most of the chores around here. It seems like people in general like to help out a highly pregnant woman. My father-in-law, even though I told him I'm free to go back to my motherly duties, wants to watch my son Monday and his wife wants to watch him Tuesday. I'm not opposed. I've noticed my required dosage of sleep has increased from about 9 hrs/day to about 12 hrs. So, having help these weeks has made me feel better overall.

Glasses have been popular in our household these days. We're taking advantage of a vision plan that we'll opt out of when the baby comes. The ones my son likes to wear are from the 3D movie avatar. But, my husband got his first pair of glasses ever--for working on the computer at work. He looks awesome, but that's beside the point; hopefully they'll help with his headaches. I got my umpteenth pair but only my second ever pair or plastic frames. I'm a glasses snob and not a fan of plastic, but the price was right and I'm not one to pass up a $250 discount on glasses.
Some things are happening upstairs in our house. Throwing out the guest queen bed, moving a twin up there in the meantime for guests and for my son's future bed, moving everything else around eventually: crib, changer, children's furniture, rocking chair. It's not easy logistically. Let's just say it's not just being cooped up in the winters that have made me thankful for a big house. There are soon to be four of us. I hate clutter. And with 4 people + frequent guests + a needy pug, we need all the space we can get. Plans are in place and being somewhat executed for decorations in both of the boys' rooms, and I bought myself all new bedding. Our king bed is only 2 years old, so our bedding wasn't that old, but I went cheap when I bought it and it was a mistake. Still, everything we purchased was 40% off this time, but it is good quality, and it is worth every penny. I mean, a person spends a lot of time sleeping. It might as well be enjoyable.
