Anyone who knows me knows I need to stay busy. Usually, I'm only intellectually or physically busy. I am addicted to school, the structure of classes and their requirement to learn to receive an "A" and of course the end goal of getting some sort of degree. I love the outdoors and exploring new places, which goes hand-in-hand with physical work. However, I've also been finishing up some creative projects these last few months. With a 2300 square foot house to care for and a sweet boy to look after usually I don't take time for these types of things:
- Finishing a scrapbook that was started for me almost 2 years ago
- Knitting a scarf for myself that I started over a year ago
- Growing my first garden and keeping alive my first (expensive) transplanted trees
- Raising red wigglers to compost our food into fertilizer
- Organizing 4 years of photos. We won't even talk about how many photos there were. Just think: love, built a new house, lots of travel, and a baby = A LOT!
- Making my son's first Halloween costume, which required that I learn how to use my sewing machine
- Sewing a fleece bug blanket for my son's new big boy car bed
- Hand sewing personalized blankets/quilts for my sweet cousins' babies, the cousins who threw me a baby shower in MN when I wasn't even there!
- Cooking new meals and starting a recipe binder
- Buying my first set of curtains, and I hate curtains
Okay, well, I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a shift for me. As my mom recently asked, "So, you've pretty much given up on becoming a rocket scientist now that you're a mom?" I confirmed, happily. I could still be the smartest of the smart, but I don't want to be a "rocket" scientist anymore. I love this relaxing stint in life and the chance to try to be creative.