Just when I thought this blog was really heading downhill, I get three positive comments in one day. I've thought that my posts are scattered because I just don't have enough going on to write a lot about one topic. But, maybe people like the random thoughts. Feel free to comment on the blog! I mostly do this for personal entertainment, but nice words (or bad) are always inspiring.
Well, I am happy to report that a major project is almost finished . . . or has just begun. It depends how you look at it. In December, I spent a couple of weeks worth of nap times going through digital photos from 2006-2009. I managed to reduce the number of files from probably 15,000 to about 8,000. Once you get around to flipping them the right way, you see that a lot of them are blurry-faced or taken of the floor or you have 2 photos that are identical. It's easy to pick the ones that are crap and toss them. But, it is a frustrating process. We have 3 digital cameras, and since we spend a lot of time with my parents that adds 2 - 3 more. Organizing the combination of file names and dates is a nightmare. Needless to say, they're now all organized in folders by date and topic and fit into 8GB. Yesterday and today, I spent quite a bit of time going through these 8,000 files and choosing ones to print in these categories: House building & yard projects, My son's life in 2 years, Adventures in Minnesota, Mike and Sarah favorites, Inappropriate Baby Book Photos, and some other pretty ones that I would consider blowing up and putting on my wall if they look good in 4x6 (the test).
The reason I say the project may have just begun is because if there are some that I am happy with in 4x6, I'd like to spend the money and make some nice prints for the house. There is this great website called Mpix.com where you can order prints on canvas gallery wraps or standouts. However, it can get spendy if you want them large, which I do. Also, on snapfish and shutterfly, you can do some neat things with photo albums. The possibilities are endless.
Chilkoot Chicks
About Me
Blog Archive
- July 2015 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (9)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (8)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (6)
- April 2011 (4)
- March 2011 (9)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (7)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (4)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (3)
- April 2010 (3)
- March 2010 (5)
- February 2010 (7)
- January 2010 (9)
- December 2009 (6)
- November 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (4)
- September 2009 (3)
- August 2009 (4)
- July 2009 (4)
- June 2009 (8)
- May 2009 (3)