Great Day

First off, I was able to sleep in this morning. My husband has arranged this with his boss . . . that on the days I have to watch my son my husband can go into work late so I can sleep in. It's nice to have a boss who has kids and understands what we're going through.

Today, the 21st, my husband predicted the baby would be born. He disagrees with me and says he meant next Thursday . . . but I know what I heard. Another person predicted Jan 12. I'm glad it wasn't then. Anyway, I had 6-8 hours of contractions last night. 4-5 minutes apart, but they weren't too painful and even though I've had them throughout the day also, I've chalked them up to Braxton Hicks contractions. I guess these fake contractions can be quite intense in second pregnancies. I didn't have to deal with the intermittent contractions last time. My water broke, I went in, and had the baby a few hours later. Even though it was new, I felt sort of a calm feeling throughout them last night. I just relaxed in my bed, knowing there is a great hospital with great people just 10 minutes away. I don't think I would feel so great if I were in rural Minnesota!

I got a message from a friend that her husband had a free DVD player for us. My husband gave away our bedroom TV and DVD player to a friend whose ex-wife took literally everything from his house. In place bought a friend's TV because they moved to Europe and couldn't use it there, which was quite the upgrade from what we had before. But, without TV reception, our lack of desire to purchase satellite, and without a DVD player we haven't used the TV yet . . . and it's been almost a year! Now, I can enjoy a movie in my brand new bedding.

I also received a wonderful email from a professor in Anchorage who appointing himself my graduate advisor. It is actually going to work. These courses that I started out taking for fun and to keep my mind busy during the boring winter months are going to amount to a Master's degree. I only have 3 courses left and I have a plan for 2 of the 3 of them. It's amazing how supportive people are when you tell them you've chosen to stay home to raise your children.

We have a birthday party coming up for the son of my husband's friend from college. It has been one of my goals to make new friends. This is a step in that direction because there will be all new people there. I have some good friends, don't get me wrong, but I need to make more friends with kids . . . preferably friends with more than one kid or friends that stay-at-home and friends that are reliable. This will provide for more play dates, which'll pass the days more easily.

And, to top it off, tonight my friend from college is making me meatloaf, her mom's recipe. She is just starting to try out recipes and in my opinion is a great cook. So, I will be able to relax and chat with her and work on my cross-stitch kid-free.

And not just to top it off but the icing on the cake. We're going to Argentina in 2013 . . . for an entire month! Can you say Aconcagua?

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States