No, really, things aren't so bad. We found out I'm carrying around a baby boy. I'm happy our son will have a little brother less than 2 years younger than he is. We also have most of the things we need for a boy. A few of the newborn things that I had left over from our son I gave away to friends, but it's funny because all a baby's clothes for about the first 3 months can all fit into one drawer. They are so tiny! Anyway, it won't take much to get what we need.
I had my annual flu shot on Monday. Because I'm pregnant, the risks are much higher if you don't get it, so they pretty much make you get it. I didn't really get sick this time. Also, my son had 4 immunizations including the flu shot on Tuesday during his 18 month appointment, and he didn't even get a slight fever (and he has a cold). Anyway, this is all good news. We've all been sick so much anyway in the last month and a half, who needs another illness to worry about!
My husband has been busy with school and work, and I have been busy with my work at home and school too. There have been some frustrating things, like conflicting editions of books. My professor posted our homework in the wrong place, so the class didn't know we had homework until 3 days later. It's like impossible for me to study during the week if I can't get it done Wednesday, when my son is at daycare. I didn't even get close to getting it done today, Wednesday. I have so many questions and am only 1/4 of the way done.
It makes me wonder how all of the student-moms at the College of St. Catherine make it through. St. Kate's is like 100x tougher a school than the University of Alaska, and here there are few student-parents and still people drop out like flies. When I was in college, if I didn't understand something I spent hours figuring it out. Parents don't have that luxury. If you can't get it in a short period of time, well then you just aren't going to get it. I sure salute you student moms at tough schools! I don't know how you do it!
That said, I am at the toughest age. When they're small, you can study a lot more easily. But, at 12-18 months and for I don't know how much longer they really require your every minute of attention . . . or at least my son does. He has to be doing what I'm doing or is asking my help with something or he is getting into something that needs supervision. Sometimes I wish he would sit and watch television for just 1 hour, but he's not that type of kid and I guess that's a good thing!