Now, Blackboard really screwed me over. The first day of class, we all wrote down our email addresses, so that we would get updates from the professor. I never got any, but only because I figured there wasn't anything the professor needed to tell us. Well, I just figured out that he disregarded that list and emailed through Blackboard instead, which uses all university email addresses. I've been using Blackboard for (going on) 3 years now at this University and have my mail forwarded to my personal email. I was unsuspecting that anything had changed. Well, the University sometime within the last 2 months switched from @uaf.edu to @alaska.edu or something like that email ending. Anyway, they use a free Google application now for their mail. When this happened, emails through Blackboard stopped being forwarded. On top of it, sometime within the last month, it was made official that I am a University of Alaska Anchorage student on top of being a Fairbanks student. Well, again Blackbaord didn't inform me, but my Blackboard-designated email address was changed to an Anchorage email account. Long story short, as a surprise to me, Blackboard has used 3 different email addresses for me in the past 2 months.
So, I had emailed my professor a question Wednesday night about our homework that is due Friday. He didn't respond. Turns out he had responded to everyone in the class Wednesday night through Blackboard. He in fact told the class the exact equations to use for each problem. So, after spending 2 days straight doing my homework without help, I just realized after checking this new email account that I did at least half of the problems completely wrong. Aaaaah, and I thought I had done so well! What a let-down. Better luck next time, I guess.