My Son is Growing Up.

I'm so proud of my 17 month old son. He is getting to be so mature, so smart, but at the same time he can be such a baby. What makes me so proud today is that 3 days ago we cold turkey stopped giving him a small bottle of formula before bedtime. He asked for milk by saying "ma, ma, ma" and doing sign language for milk, but I just told him "No milk" and continued to read him a book. We haven't read him a book before bed until 3 days ago. The first night he cried 10 minutes, the second night maybe 2 minutes, and tonight just a wimper.

I think we as moms and dads think it's going to be so hard to take away a pacifier, stop breastfeeding, stop feeding a bottle, etc, but in the end it's really not that difficult. I want to be consistent and not feed him a bottle from now on, because in a couple of months I want to get him sleeping in his toddler bed. I want to do this ideally a couple of months before the next baby arrives. Friends have done this successfully when their children were my son's age, so I'm hoping it goes smoothly for us too. See, there I am anticipating it's going to be so hard, when in reality it probably won't. And I'm rambling.

It's just hard being a mom sometimes.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States