The boys put together some new furniture a friend ordered and shipped us from Seattle.
I walked around the yard and in 5 minutes photographed over 15 varieties of mushrooms. I won't put them all here, but I need a book or a friend to help me identify which are safe to eat.
My husband mowed the lawn and weed wacked for the last time, picked up brush and logs in the woods, and burned a giant pile of debris down by the river.
Our son has the worst cold ever, but he won't nap. He just wants to be outside too. We found a new trail at the wildlife refuge in town and had a mother/son Taco King picnic by the lake, while daddy hunted by some bluff on the upper Chena River. He didn't bring a camera, but I bet the colors were brilliant up there. Tomorrow, we'll meet some friends at the Chena Lakes.