Before we went camping, I went to the grand-opening of the new kid/baby store in town to get some used winter jackets. 18mo, 24mo, 2T--we're set until the snow melts! In fact, we're set until next summer and for a steal! I'm glad I didn't go garage saling this year. But we did have to weave through 100+ other moms (I counted 2 dads) at the grand-opening to get what we came for--thankfully most people came for toys and furniture.
During our 4 hour drive to Tangle Lakes, which is located on the Denali Highway, we stopped at Birch Lake, an hour southeast of Fairbanks.
Our 4 family, 3 camper/1 tent compound at Tangle Lakes BLM Campround
The boys were unloading wood as soon as we arrived, so of course, our son helped too
Here is a friend's cute daughter, about our son's age,
and her brother, making use of my son's Tonka dump truck.
Conked on the drive home. 5 dogs, 6 kids, 8 parents, lots of campfires and playing with rocks and dirt. We even went on an inflatable canoe ride. Our son and our dog were in heaven . . . and we had a lot of fun too!