Sweet Baby Three

Goodness!  Have I not blogged about sweet baby three?  So much will change!  We will finally have to get a bigger rig (been choosing it since about Jan 1 this year but putting it off because I love my Corolla), build bunk beds for the boys, use our spare room for second kid room, and worry about small toys on the floor again.  I will have to push a stroller with an infant seat and make baby food out of our food.  It will be great!

Things have been different this third time around.  I don't have a job or school that gets me up early or keeps me on my feet all day and I have two boys who know how to sleep in, one of whom still takes a solid afternoon nap.  In addition to getting great sleep, I have had an excellent diet.  My new favorite books by the way are Wild Fermentation (Katz), Deep Nutrition (Shanahan), Super Nutrition for Babies (Erlich), and Coconut Oil Miracle (Fife). 

Week 16, Easter


Week 28, Independence Day Weekend


Some things have not changed.  I am still a tiny person with a larger than average sized baby who goes head down before Week 30.  Strangers comment that I look ready to have the baby, that the baby looks very low, and that I look good.  If this baby is within a couple ounces of big brothers, I and the medical professionals expect him/her to come around 36 weeks, so August 26 instead of the official due date of September 23.  In the end, it will be interesting to see if the probiotic foods, the collagen-building bone broths, and the otherwise nutrient-dense diet will prevent my water from breaking early.  My guess is no, but I always love a good experiment, and if nothing else the good food and sleep are making me feel strong, happy, and energetic.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States