Grrrrrrr, a Day at Home

I had been looking everywhere for three days for my largest glass pans. It never occurred to me they would be in the oven, but there they were full of boiling grease when I went to insert my fish and veggies. When I moved them to the sink they shattered, exploded more like, hot glass all over the place. Luckily, no chunks landed on the baby at my feet, but it sure did make a mess. Apparently, I need to keep better tabs on what is happening in the kitchen.

The toddler is at my side whining. He wants to play "hide and seek" or "follow the leader" or "dinosaurs talking to one another" all of which I'm bored.

The baby has climbed to the top of a toy car ramp and is asking for help down. Thank goodness, this morning, I taught the toddler how to get him down. And, in fact, the toddler just rushed over and is saving his brother's life as I type. It looks like he's sticking by the car ramp to play. Oh, nope, he started whining again. I think I whined a lot as a kid, bored, wanting mom and dad to play with me. It's worse for him today because he's been staying up too late and sleeping in too late (we all have actually), so it was my idea that he didn't have a nap today, which he still needs at age 3.

The first thing my kid asked me this morning was, "Where are we going?" We are usually pretty busy. Last week the boys went to their grandpa's to play, two mornings they went to play with kids at the daycare, swimming twice, one hike/bike ride, a pizza party, lots of outdoor play, dinner at another friend's place, and one day they had their friends over to play all day long. Oh, and another day with grandpa. This week we have 4 birthday parties to attend.

So, today, the farthest we went was down the street on the sleds. It was nice, but I can tell we are all missing the action.

Oh brother. Little brother just ripped up the toddler's favorite tiny notepad. "Fix my book, please, mommy girl." Yes, he calls me "mommy girl" and calls "daddy boy."

The oven's calling. Time for dinner. And then an early bedtime.



About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States