Walking


My baby decided to take his first steps recently. He can walk across the house now, and he just turned 14 months old.

I knew, the other day, it was time for hist first shoes. I knew they had to be sturdy, but flexible, and be a good fit to work on a new-walker. It seems like once a baby learns to walk in shoes, he can actually walk much better probably because there is more surface area and support. Unfortunately, even though his older brother walked at 10 months, quite a bit younger, because our recent walker is a smaller-framed guy he can't wear his brother's old shoes yet. They were a size 6 See Kai Run, which I had to buy special because he has very wide and very thick feet. So, I had been reading about Simple Shoes. And the folks at the baby shop in town, Blueberry Baby, supported what I had read. These baby/toddler shoes are organic, recycled, and were supposedly made by well-paid workers. The fact that they have a huge rubber toe (for the crawling and falling friction) and are machine washable was the selling point for me. Luckily, this brand fits his tiny feet. Size 5 looks like it will fit him through the summer.

His little friend Riley came to play with him today. She is only 11 months, but she is also walking around now. I think she thought the John Deere lunch box was a purse and once she found the necklace she didn't take it off! It was nice to have a girl around for a few hours and very cute to see two kids the same size and stage check each other out, jabber, walk 10 feet and fall down.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States