Bad Mommy

One time I missed a meeting in college, where I was the one student on the committee responsible for choosing the professor of the year. That's the only time I can remember flat out missing something in my life. I was a busy, dedicated senior who had a million things going on, a long-distance boyfriend, and was about to move to CA after a summer in AK.

That seems like a million years ago, but recently my mind has been foggy again, maybe because I am a busy senior again. I took my kids to a swimming birthday party a day early and sent my kid to swim lessons one time an hour early and another time a week early. He's a pretty forgiving guy though. Not a disappointment a good food, like ice cream, couldn't cure.

But, swimming lessons can be nerve-wracking for a kid. Our kid has never been much of a jumper. He can't jump high or far, and jumping into the water makes him nervous sometimes. So before swim lessons we practice jumping from square to square on a carpet we have in our house or outside, off of a snowbank. My kid thinks he's Buzz Lightyear, from the Toy Story movies. Pretending he and his imaginary friend Andy are jumping / flying into a pile of snow or a pool of water sure makes him happy, fearless, and inspires him to jump high and far. Here he is perched on his "mountain" ready to take on the world!

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States