Almost Three


You know, it's so great to be a kid. To a kid everything is new, exciting, and there are a million questions to ask at any given minute. I guess that's why I like to take college courses as an adult. It keeps me engaged in the world and asking questions on a daily basis.

My son told me tonight, "I know my numbers, mom. I know my letters, mom. I'm ready to go to school."

Well, he's probably right. At age two he meets all of the milestones set for a five year old on the checklist at the doctor's office, except that I haven't yet taught him to write his name. I'm sure I could in a few days, though, but we'll save that for age three.



Above he is at his (3rd) and brother's (1st) birthday party at the hotsprings. He's currently in his third round of swim lessons but this time without mom and dad. He even goes on the diving board with Miss Patty, his teacher, and the 4 other little dudes who are in his class. He can swim all the way down the pool and back with help of a floaty belt. I am glad he is comfortable in the water, because I never was. He was scared at first, but it wasn't anything a little ice cream couldn't handle.

He loves books (and movies), puzzles, games, and dinosaurs, and he continues to be engaged in story/song/craft time at the library in North Pole with his four teachers.

I couldn't be more proud of this little boy. He's stubborn, smart, determined, motivated, and outgoing. He has more friends than I do and he plays so well with them: Addie, Gretchen, William, Julia, and Hunter. Today his friend Addie gave him a Valentine and he held onto it all day afterward. I don't think I had friends other than my parents at such a young age. It's cool that he does, and that his little brother sees through him its fun to socialize. Besides when he takes toys from his little brother's hands, he really is a great big brother also.

Here he is practicing his letters: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP[[[[[KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK…………………………….,555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555111111111111111111111111111111111111100000000000000000000000000000000=========3333333333333333333333333444444444444444444777777777766666666666666666666666666666999788888888888888888888888890000000000000000O9PP;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXZZZZZZZZZCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII==============4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333338888888777777777777777777777777777777777777777789999999999999999999999999888888888888887666666666666666655555555555555555

It's March. This little guy's been around for almost 3 years already.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States