Lets do a replay of last night or any night:
7:30 Begin toddler's bedtime process, baby is colicky at this time also
8:30 Leave toddler in his bed, baby starts to relax and get sleepy
9:30 Toddler sleeps after leading him back to his bed about 10 times in the past hour
10:00 Mommy lies down
10:30 Mommy sleeps
11:30 Baby wakes (change, feed, burp, swaddle, sleep--takes about 20 - 40min)
12:30 Daddy comes to bed, mommy usually wakes
1:30 Baby wakes (change, feed, burp, swaddle, sleep)
1:45 Mom falls asleep but baby cries, reinsert pacifier
2:30 Baby sleeps after having rocked and reinserted pacifier several times
3:30 Baby wakes (change, feed, burp, swaddle, sleep--takes about 20 - 40min)
5:30 A repeat of what happened from 1:30-2:30
6:00 Toddler wakes, someone brings him warm milk in a sippy cup to entice him to sleep 1 hour more
6:30 Toddler wants to go downstairs and play
7:00 Baby wakes (change, feed, up for good)
So, at night I started thinking . . . I bet I get out of bed 30 times during the night. Last night I counted: 20 times. I feel okay this morning. I think the nights during which I get up 30 times are the nights when I am almost in tears in the morning, put the crying baby on my husband's side of the king bed, insert earplugs, and try to sleep, unsuccessfully. Anyway, we put our first son in his own room at 6 weeks. My mom leaves tonight, so we'll try to put the baby in his own room tonight, at 7 weeks old. When my dad comes to visit, we'll have to move the baby back to ours. But, I not sure with this baby whether moving him will make the nights more or less sleepless.
Alright, posting photos of my mom's visit is going to take more time. I apologize, but you're going to have to check back later for those. Beleive it or not, tomorrow (Day 1 of Week 8) is the first day that I will watch both of my children for the entire day all by myself. I'm not sure how this has been post-poned for so long, but I guess we have all of our visitors and babysitters play dates staggered just right. I'm kind of excited to see how I and the boys do together. I think we will do just fine.