Last night, as is typical these days, I could not fall asleep until after 1:00 a.m. At 3:20 a.m., my one year old son wanted a drink of milk from his mommy. At 6:30 a.m., the toddler woke again. I didn't hear him, but my husband (annoyed at the crying) asked me if I want to feed the baby. Apparently I said "No!" in my sleep, but what I meant was "Yes," because I went downstairs to fill a bottle with formula hoping it would make the child drowsy enough to sleep just a little longer. Of course, he enjoyed the drink and afterward didn't want to sleep anymore because he had gone to bed early at 6:00 p.m. the night before. We played with blocks for a good part of the morning. From 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., we both napped hard. Apparently I napped harder, because I was not ready to wake at 12:00. He was. We had to meet some friends at 1:00 anyway.
Nothing impressed my son. Not the walk from the library to the park. Not the swings, not the carousel, not the slide. Nothing. I think despite his good night's sleep he felt as tired as I did today.
At the end of the day, at least my husband said he wasn't hungry. I didn't have to make dinner. But, I made it anyway . . . and then watched 4 hours of television.
Hopefully we all sleep well tonight.