One day not too long ago, I realized we had sunlight in all rooms of the house. Since we heat with wood, I can surely say the house plan we chose and the large windows for which we opted are wonderful. Not being from here, it'd be much tougher for me to remain happy in a smaller or darker place. I feel like the kids' energy is amplified also. They run more quickly and shout more loudly. The boy above who has been a knight for months now (but was a pirate in photo in honor of a pirate birthday party) has a running list of things that he would like to do "in the grass," such as juggle, axe wood, and camp ... all of which I agree can be tough to do with mittens and extra gear.
Today feels to me the warmest day of the in entire winter. We've had a few days since late October where it's been warmer than today's +15F but some have had a bit of wind, moisture, or were too early in the year for us to really appreciate them. Warm winter days just don't start to feel really warm until February or March. And I suppose it's just as well because by this time of year the snow is deep and as fluffy as can be. I look forward to this coming week of +15's and I know the boys do too.
