The Sunny Side of a Rainy Day

I feel like the stars have been aligning lately. Nothing big, just small. Here is just a snippet of them.

I was cleaning the house and my baby handed me my address book, which had been lost, and whose contents was the completion to a letter I wrote to my dying uncle several weeks ago.

I forgot to tell a hike leader I wasn't coming along until the day of the hike and when I went to my email to find the leader's phone number I read they had just canceled the hike due to heavy rain.

I found the cord to transfer photos from my camera to the computer, which had also been lost, for a long time just in time to work on some photo projects.

It rained, but I completed several projects including a photo book for a friend, some prints for my mom, as well as uploading photos to print for our own books. My house is clean. The laundry is put away.

My baby cried all week because of a fever and new teeth, but because of his reduced energy he discovered the greatness of both books and television.

I was dreading driving to the far side town twice a day two times a day to attend both my son's preschool classes and my photography classes, but the preschool teacher told me there is another class we can enter that has fewer students, older students, is held later in the day when the sun will be out in winter, and is on other days of the week. Also, I know through play dates and swim lessons a few of the families in this other class and they are mature and kind company.

And, look, the sun has come out for a bit.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States