Salad Spinning

My garden grew significantly while we were in Minnesota and even since this picture was taken a week ago. Look how dry it was in May when things were just starting to sprout. Between the worms from the vericompost doing their thing, a bit of organic fertilizer, and some moisture my garden was much more productive this year than the last two years. Here it is after being thinned once. I have thinned it probably 5 times. My method of planting close together for weed reduction and water retention has seemed to work well.

I always like to talk about my best purchases, things I have or will use time and time again and save me a lot of trouble . . . like a Sportbrella to cut back on sunblock and UV rays for the beach, a Klean Kanteen insulated mug for my coffee and ice water, Baby Bjorn molded plastic bibs to significantly cut down on toddler meal cleanup, and of course the Deuter Kid Backpack back-saver which I was so lucky to borrow for a bit from a friend. The list of things I have that are really life-changing is not long, but it includes the OXO Salad Spinner. I have used that thing every day and question why I didn't get one years ago. Boy, oh boy, have we been enjoying a lot of green protein and the best part is my boy here loves to do the spinning for me.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States