Mother's Day

I know Mother's Day was more than a couple of months ago, but I am sorting through digital photos for hard copy order and ran across these three. They make me smile. It was toward the end of my last semester of school, and I was pretty tired of deadlines and bored with life. Inside the packaging from my four boys was an immersion blender. I like practical gifts. Thinking back ... my husband worked on Mother's Day, so I brought the boys out to eat lunch at our favorite kid-friendly restaurant, Taco King, and the guys there brought this flower to our table.

It's the small surprises that really makes the days wonderful, isn't it? Like walking out into the forest to pick blueberries with your children and finding two of your favorite mom friends and their children had the same idea, two days in a row? Or that day you just dread stopping at the grocery store for milk but run into an old friend and have a great time catching up in the check-out line? I just love it when without a plan you venture out on your own and surprise everything falls into place.


Almost every day is Mama's Day in my book.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States