Over It

Alright, 31.5 nights down and 3.5 to go without dad, my husband, the man around. I'm over it. It's not fun anymore. Now, I want someone to pack my bags and clean my kitchen. Not going to happen but still nice to dream about. Nap? Sign me up. Who's crabby? Oh, that's just me, the mom. I've been crabby for two nights now. Not bad, but still complaining.

The baby's asleep. The toddler's smacking quietly. The dog is snoring. Grandma is down the road is watching television. The neighbor is reading a book on his deck, the other neighbor's staring at the television, I'm sure. I can just imagine my husband at work, on the radio, running around, "putting out fires." A great friend went off to Anchorage to do a friend's taxes, another is packing for a Valdez fishing adventure. Who the heck knows what the rest of my friends are doing, but it would be nice to hear from them now. I shouldn't have returned that kid backpack that was loaned to me yet . . . could've brought the kids on the night hike.

You know, I think that is what my problem is. I haven't been hiking in 7 days (correction, only 3)! Eureka! I've been spending too much time outside not hiking. I've stacked wood, picked up the yard. My garden is growing. My trees, new and old are cared for. I've had plenty of retail therapy. Playgrounds . . . which one haven't we visited? I guess tomorrow we should walk to the playground to meet our friends. Not drive. I think that will make me feel much, much better.

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States