Procrastination


It's 10:22pm. The kitchen is clean, diapers are washed and hung, and kids were entertained by me (day 6 of dad on nights) all day and in bed by 9:30pm. Dad has been emailed about what he missed today, and all I need to do is study. I even ordered myself this diaper cover from Loveybums as a gift to myself for cloth diapering for eight months and saving us hundreds of dollars. I normally wouldn't have purchased a cover that is $20, but I figure that even though I'm still not brave enough to try a wool cover, I can try fleece. I ganged up with my friend Loda last week, who convinced me to give cloth diapering a try 8 months ago, to provide this partially preused care-package to yet another soon-to-be cloth diapering mom. I gave her one of my smallest covers, so that's another excuse to try another one. I put a cloth diaper on my kid tonight for the first time. If I do that on 2 kids for a year (the toddler although potty trained for close to a year now still wears a nappy while he sleeps) I'll probably save close to $500 (that's just night and nap diapering). I can't even begin to think of the number of disposable diapers I am saving on during the day.

More procrastination. I also ordered some knit hats from a woman on Craigslist and Facebook who sells hats in our town under the name KrasyKnits or something like that. I fell in love with her stuff when my friend gave my son one of her brown bear style hats for christmas. I could find a photo of the hat, but it'll take too long so here's one of my son last night surprising me by completing this fish 24 piece jigsaw by himself. He did a bus one too. We had a lot of fresh air yesterday: much, MUCH more than we've had in probably 4 months, and I think it must have mellowed him out enough to really focus on these puzzles because prior to yesterday he's only done 12 piecers on his own. Staying up late doing puzzles last night "nipped me in the bud" because today the boys were tired and grumpy, even when I took them over to our neighbor friends house to play. We also were able to meet my friend's week and a half year old baby boy yesterday morning up on Murphy Dome. Holding that baby was the highlight of my month maybe. I joke that I only held him for 10 minutes so I wouldn't fall into the baby craze, but truthfully I had my own to kids to control! Alright, what am I even talking about?

It's now 10:41 and I need to study for my exam next week. I must be easily distracted by shiny objects or have ADD. Here is a photo of my boys opening a package from Grandma Carol, who we miss and who spoils us because she's in AZ during the winters. The next week I take my comprehensive exam and the next week my parents visit. Where does the time go? Well, the waffle maker is cleaned, the plastic ziplock bags that have been sitting in a pile for weeks have been washed and hung (cha-ching), and the recyclables are all de-labeled and separated. I did all of the homework for my online Risk Assessment which is actually pretty fun because it is full of 18 SMART, smart people aged 20 to 65. So I have no more excuses but must do my chemistry problems. Do you know another way to save a bunch of money is to stop eating cereal but instead eat old fashioned oatmeal every morning? Gosh, it sure tastes good with berries, maple syrup, and organic whole milk on it. On that note, I think I'll turn in and study tomorrow. I can only do so much. I was Valedictorian in high school and Summa Cum Laude in undergraduate, but at almost 30 I realize that none of that really matters in life. I have a chemistry degree. I'm sure I'll do okay on a graduate Environmental Chemistry exam. Oooh, the baby just started crying. He needs me to not study :)

About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States