I learned Tibetan style yoga in a college course the semester after I had a nervous breakdown (I think it was because I realized I couldn't become a physician). Not couldn't, of course, as science is very easy for me, but didn't want to after understanding the legalities and big companies docs in America have to deal with. This is the point at which I turned my attention from medicine toward the environment. And, anyway, I've done some yoga here and there since. It's served me well. I met one of my best mom friends at a "mommy and me" type yoga class. I took prenatal classes during both of my pregnancies. And in the event I ever feel real stress from a job or something, I could use the techniques I know.
Yoga is better this time though. I think it must be because I have an older, more needy body. The second kid was tough. And because I literally have no time to alone because I have 2 sweet babes with me always (which I love). Whatever the reason, this time I really, REALLY find it satisfying. As satisfying as hiking in the middle of nowhere with a pack on my back or kissing my baby's head. It is infinitely relaxing, as the meditation always was, but now I even find joy in holding difficult poses for long periods of time. My body must be telling me it's time to get the heart pumping, build some muscle, and take an hour here and there to worry only about myself.
So, if I don't write, that's why. I may not have a need for it. School's starting back up in a couple of weeks. I have a comprehensive exam for a master's degree, 2 very needy little kids, a house to keep up, a husband with a crazy schedule, and 2 very hard courses to finish. I am EXCITED.
When I am finished with school this spring, I plan to paint, photograph, and learn the violin . . . and do yoga . . . or perhaps I will have graduated to another body challenge by then. We'll see how my muscles are doing.