From time to time, I aspire to start a photography business, to spend the big bucks and have my family photographed by a professional outdoor photographer, to snap that one perfect image that would unedited look amazing blown up and pressed onto canvas.
I dream sometimes.
I think the reason that I don't do many photo shoots is because I'm afraid of disappointing myself, of realizing I really don't have much talent, discovering my camera isn't good enough, or of spending a lot of money and being disappointed by the work of another photographer. I know taking a digital photography course would give me a ton of confidence but so far it just hasn't fit into the schedule.
This is what I came up with 5 minutes one day and 5 minutes the next day. My kids are easy subjects because they're adorable even when they're grumpy. I forced myself to take some photos now because my son is almost grown out this antique yellow sweater. My German step-grandmother knitted it for me (I think) when I was born. Or perhaps it was handed down to me too in which case it's probably over 30 years old.
It's hard for me to choose sometimes. Is it better to have the subject looking at the camera, or just catch them mid-play?
I love how my sons can already play together. People who have kids further apart just don't know the sweet childhood interaction they're missing out on.