Anyway, there are several bonuses to having a cold. With kids, you can't tell when they've pooped their pants unless you check, and then the diaper changes are harmless. The leftovers in the refrigerator can stay in there longer. You don't have to hold your breath when you take out the trash. You can't tell if you smell, so why shower? And if you make meals that are way too salty or too bland, they taste just fine. I just did a little science experiment on myself and found out that I'm unable to smell the lavender lotion I used to put myself to sleep during my pregnancy, the same stuff my husband could not stand to be near. No wonder the baby suddenly stopped smelling of rotten milk.
I've been trying to make enough antibodies to keep the baby well, but it's really a lost cause with this cold. He's been sneezing a lot. I had to suck his nose a few times, and he's been doing this strange cough, which is actually pretty cute. He's almost 3 months old, so it's a fine time to be sick. I think one of the biggest downfall to having a bigger family is that the illnesses seem to last forever as they pass from person to person. Actually, this is the only downfall I've noticed so far.