Without my son in the house, it is so quiet. I miss him terribly. It's hard to fold his clothes without longing to hug his cuddly sweet-smelling baby skin. But, at the same time, things are so easy without him getting into everything. I tended to my red wiggler worm compost, which has become too moist and acidic and has exploded with white, stinky worms. I did laundry, sorted through my son's clothes and boxed the 12 month stuff, cleaned the dog, clipped his nails. Then, I painted my own toenails. I haven't done that in at least 2 years! All this, by 9a.m. I think I may even whip up something amazing for dinner. I think this day to myself is going to be a very good thing :)
A Day to Yourself is a Great Treasure.
My son has started home daycare one day a week. I know, this is strange, because I am a stay-at-home mom, but it is a luxury I am very thankful to take part in. Things fell into place. We knew about this woman, who is really good, only takes people through other people, does daily report cards, only has a couple kids of whom we know the families pretty well. She couldn't take us before, but once summer rolled around, she said the toddler boys are old enough to have 3 of them. We found out I was pregnant so we thought . . . why not get him used to another place. I am most excited to have him form connections with these 2 other boys and the caregiver, because during our Tues/Thurs play dates he is too distracted to pay much attention to the other 3 toddlers. Also, I think it will be a fun escape for him in the winter, because there aren't many places to take the kids in Fairbanks when it is -40, and outside activities are not an option.
Chilkoot Chicks
About Me
Blog Archive
- July 2015 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (9)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (8)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (6)
- April 2011 (4)
- March 2011 (9)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (7)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (4)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (3)
- April 2010 (3)
- March 2010 (5)
- February 2010 (7)
- January 2010 (9)
- December 2009 (6)
- November 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (4)
- September 2009 (3)
- August 2009 (4)
- July 2009 (4)
- June 2009 (8)
- May 2009 (3)