Six Plus Two Equals Eight.



Today is our first wedding anniversary. My husband says he cannot believe it's been a year already. I can. I feel like we've been together forever (in a good way), but really we've only known each other for four years now.  

We kind of eloped, but it was planned. We knew as soon as one of us stopped working for the oil refinery that we would marry. Current refinery policy prevents marriage in the workplace, unless it is grandfathered. When I started working there in 2004, six marriages existed out of a crew of under 100. By the time I quit in 2008, all six of the couples had moved to jobs at other companies. So, we made the moola to build the house and have a baby. Then, we married. Actually, this worked out very well. Building a house was quite the test. We passed! And we tied the knot north of Fairbanks in the mountains on 06-02-08.

We had the most fabulous evening tonight: a perfect dinner followed by a stroll by the river with caffeinated beverages and fudge. This was made possible by my kind sister-in-law, who came to watch over our sleeping baby while working on stuff for law school. To top it off, someone had called and covered our dinner. Thanks, sneaky "mom," whichever one of you three it was!  Three hours away from the baby and the house together was wonderful.  I hope we can do this more often.  Twice a year just isn't enough.


About Me

My photo
Fairbanks/North Pole, Alaska, United States